Thursday, October 20, 2011

Action Comics #2


The reinvention of Superman continues courtesy of Grant Morrison and Rags Morales.  This is not one of those fan-dividing, psychedelic, what-the-heck stories Morrison is used to give us, and I am thankful for that.  So far, this reintroduction of the Man of Steel is working for me, and I am happy to say I have been able to follow along.  This Superman does not apologize for being a little rough when he has to, and the current state of his powers continues giving off that Golden Age vibe that sits so well with the book.  Morales' art is good for the most part, but his pencil is not being nice to Lois Lane; in general, his female faces are not as graceful.  The end of the issue is a huge leap from where I thought the story was going, but not in a bad way, and it looks like a second classic super-villain is about to be re-introduced soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment