Friday, December 30, 2011

Wolverine and the X-Men #3


The comedic adventures at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning continue as students and faculty are attacked by Krakoa, the living island.  I cannot take this book seriously, so I went in with a different mindset: forgot all about continuity, all the context of X-Men history, and just thought of it as an issue of ArchieScooby Doo, or Tiny Titans, and it actually went down a lot better.  The editorial team still needs to do their homework better, though; I understand the need to appeal to a younger demographic, its consequent use of "hip language", and even the Twitter references; so why is a brat like Quentin Quire bringing up Gilligan's Island?  Kids don't know about that stuff nowadays.  This issue was better than the previous two, but the book is definitely not my taste, so for now I will stop reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment