Friday, November 11, 2011

Magneto #1


The master of magnetism gets his own limited series in "Not a Hero" by Skottie Young and Clay Mann.  I was going to get this series no matter what -I love Clay Mann's art, it is so clean and nice that just by itself is worth the price of purchase- but I was pleasantly surprised by the story as well.  An interaction between Magnus and the Avengers is always great to see, although we also have to suffer the mandatory Scott Summers and Emma Frost appearance -I guess we should be thankful we didn't get Wolverine and Deadpool as well.-  That aside, it is cool to see that Skottie Young is going retro and visiting an era that was not necessarily the proudest in X-Men history to make it look interesting years later.  And let me tell you: he did his homework!  Astra? Really?  This promises to be a fun ride and I will be glad to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment