Sunday, November 6, 2011

Batwing #3


Dirty secrets start to come out in the open in "We have blood in our hands" by Judd Winick and Ben Oliver.  As Batwing and Massacre continue their bloody match over the life of Thunder Fall, the cracks start to show all over the place, and readers may even start questioning their alliances.  As atrocious and sanguinary as Massacre is, could it be possible that we will end up sympathizing with him?  A scary thought.  Batwing's past is as dark as it gets, and the original African super hero team The Kingdom has secrets of its own.  Speaking of The Kingdom, we know almost nothing about them, but they are becoming a very interesting plot device, and I want to find out more about them.  Ben Oliver's art is stunning, although I wonder why he shies away from drawing Batwing's face.  Nonetheless, this book has been great so far.

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying this series since the beginning but i must admit that I had very little hope for it. When I saw the cover for #1 my immediate question was " who is that and why is he all shiny ". I still don't agree with the choice of colors for Batwing's attire but besides that minor hiccup this series is easily one of my favorite reads of the DCnu. Ben Oliver's art is top notch but I have to wonder why there is little to no background images. Africa as a continent is full of vibrant imagery yet this book portrays very little of it. A missed oportunity in my view. I am starting to like Massacre as he is a brute force made flesh. Reminiscent of early portrayal of Bane. Peeling away layers concerning The Kingdom is a nice touch and I am eagerly awaiting to find out more about their not so clean past. Good review albeit a tad short.

    ReplyDelete