Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Firestorm #2


Ethan Van Sciver and Gail Simone co-wrote "Sound of Fury", the second chapter of a new take on the Firestorm mythos.  I have to admit I was completely lost on this issue; all the talk Jason did was intended to catch Ronnie and the readers  up on Martin Stein's work, but I felt just as ignorant as Ronnie on the whole subject.  Also, if this is the first time Ronnie is becoming Firestorm, he seemed to adapt to it too quickly and promptly was using his new found powers; it was just weird.  To that you add Fury, an unoriginal Hulk-like creature, and the extremely awkward and exagerated teenage language Ron and Jason use, you can see how the issue was just all over the place.  Yildiray Cinar and Steve Buccellato do a great job in the art department, but the book cannot rely solely on the visuals.  So far I am somewhat disappointed as I expected more from this book and its creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment